We have launched our Test Network!
The G8-CHAIN Test Network Has Officially Launched
The Next Evolution of Blockchain Technology Starts Now
After years of development, testing, and refining, we are proud to announce the launch of the Test Network for ONEG8’s new, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible G8-CHAIN Blockchain.
Rigorous auditing and testing of the TestNet is currently underway; we can already confirm that the TestNet is functioning perfectly. Once testing is complete, we will release the permanent G8-CHAIN Blockchain MainNet and immediately begin the one-for-one swap of legacy AG8 Coins for new G8-COINS.
This is a long-awaited and much-anticipated moment for the entire ONEG8 community! The ONEG8 team would like to express its sincerest appreciation and thanks to all G8KEEPERS for their incredible loyalty and support through this process.
The release of the G8-CHAIN TestNet means that we are now in the final stages of opening the doors of ONEG8 to over 420 million users of cryptocurrency worldwide.
Why Is ONEG8 Launching a New Blockchain?
ONEG8 previously relied on our legacy protocol and coin—the ATROMG8 Blockchain Network and AG8 Coin—for its functionality. The ATROMG8 Blockchain provided speed, privacy, and powerful security features.
However, the original Blockchain Network was a fork of the EOS Network, and the last two years have seen the cryptocurrency markets standardize away from EOS with a clear preference for EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatibility protocols. EVM compatibility is a multi-chain interoperability strategy that didn’t exist when we initially created the ATROMG8 Blockchain.
To take full advantage of this interoperability trend, we’ve built a new blockchain called G8-CHAIN. The new blockchain leverages Ethereum Blockchain technology for speed, security, privacy AND interoperability—allowing it to universally interface with numerous protocols, frameworks, and cryptocurrencies.
Not only does this sophisticated technology make G8-CHAIN one of the most state-of-the-art and secure blockchains on the market, but it also makes the ONEG8 platform immediately available to millions of global users who already have MetaMask, Trust Wallet, ETH, BSC, MATIC, AVA, BTC, and more.
What Makes G8-CHAIN Unique?
G8-CHAIN—combined with Ethereum technology and EVM compatibility —offers a number of unique and exciting benefits:
- Stunning user experience: All design elements provide ease of use and pleasing interactions for the user. G8-CHAIN offers an interface that’s both intuitive and feature-rich, catering to blockchain novices and experts alike.
- dApp compatibility: Solidity developers can now take any decentralized application (dApp) they built for Ethereum or Binance Smart Chain (or another EVM-compatible protocol) and run it on G8-CHAIN without any issues.
- Wallet compatibility: MetaMask and Trust Wallet users can now connect with the G8-CHAIN network and gain instant access to our decentralized platform through their cryptocurrency wallet of choice. There are currently 60 million Trust Wallet users and 30 million MetaMask users. In addition, there are numerous other EVM-compatible wallets—as well as the ONEG8 Multi-Wallet—that users can connect to our platform.
- Regulatory compliance: In harmony with the latest regulatory needs and compliance requirements, G8-CHAIN brings together all of the cutting-edge features of ATROMG8 with the regulatory and compliance advantages of the Ethereum Blockchain and framework.
- Lightning-speed transactions: The G8-CHAIN blockchain combines lightning-speed transactions with EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatibility to provide our users with the ultimate in cross-chain interoperability.
- Security: G8-CHAIN combines the latest iron-clad security features of Ethereum with the existing proprietary high-security features—and unmatched user experience—found on the legacy ATROMG8 Blockchain. Engineered for massive transaction volumes, G8-CHAIN ensures the scalability, speed, and efficiency of ONEG8.
G8-COIN Details: Max Supply, Circulating Supply, Burn, and Staking Policy
After all audits and tests of the G8-CHAIN TestNet are complete, we will release the permanent G8-CHAIN Blockchain MainNet and begin the one-for-one swap of legacy ATROMG8 (AG8) coins for the new G8-COINs.
Here are key details about the soon-to-be-launched G8-CHAIN Blockchain MainNet:
- Max Supply: 100 Million Coins
- Circulating Supply: 84 Million Coins (Uncirculated coins will provide liquidity and capital for staking rewards, exchange listings, further development, and other use cases to benefit the project and coin holders as needed)
- Burn policy: ONEG8 will burn 79 million coins over time until we reach a maximum supply of 21 million coins.
- Network node validator policy: A maximum of 21 validators will maintain the network. A minimum of 100,000 G8-COIN staking commitment and a fully KYC/ AML background and source of funds check is required to host and operate a validator node.
- Staking rewards policy: A minimum 21,000 G8-COIN staking commitment is required to participate in the G8-CHAIN staking rewards program.
Want to Try the G8-CHAIN TestNet?
If you’d like to be an official tester and receive TestNet coins, contact the ONEG8 team on email@example.com. In the meantime, you can experience the G8-CHAIN TestNet here:
You can experience the G8-CHAIN staking portal here:
Please contact us with all feedback on how you feel about TestNet and if you identify areas for improvement.
When Will the Swap Occur?
We’re pleased to report that the G8-CHAIN TestNet is currently working smoothly and securely. We expect to finalize all audits and tests within the initially planned time frame of no later than Q4 2023. Once complete, we will launch the G8-CHAIN MainNet and carry out the one-for-one swap of legacy ATROMG8 (AG8) Coins for the New G8-COINS.
Please pay attention to this blog and our Twitter channel for announcements pertaining to the one-for-one swap. Until then, we sincerely thank all G8KEEPERS for their loyal support.